When: SATURDAY, MARCH 23rd 12 PM – 4 PM
Where: Lawrence High School Commons, 2525 Princeton Pike, Lawrence Twp. 08648
This year’s 6th Annual Expo, organized in cooperation with the sustainable communities in Mercer County: Ewing, Lawrence and Hopewell Green Teams, the Lawrence Township School District and the Mercer County Office of Sustainable Development, promises to be better than ever with the inclusion of electric cars, local farms and cooking demonstrations, hands-on workshops and the “Ask your Neighbor” table. Enjoy a full Expo floor and schedule of presenters and demonstrations throughout the afternoon.
- Several car dealers will bring their high efficiency models to see and test drive Ebikes, electric cars and more.
- Cooking demonstrations by local chefs. Learn about vegetable gardening and organic lawn care.
- Buy a freshly prepared, delicious lunch and get to know your local farmers at our
farmer’s market area.
- Ask your neighbor about their experiences remodeling and performing energy efficiency projects. Get to know the inside scoop and the incentives that you can still get from NJ Clean Energy and other sources.
- Meet local schools and organizations to learn about projects, new biking paths and walking trails, and community projects.
- Donate your old bike to The Trenton Bike Exchange. Donate gently used medical equipment to Goodwill. They will have a drive in the parking lot. Learn where to recycle Styrofoam and other “unrecyclables”.
Exhibitors and presenters will show us many ways of conserving energy and the advantage of becoming sustainable.
- The Home & Energy Expo provides information and resources on everything local.
- Over 40 exhibitors and presentations, plus local food and games for children of all ages.
- Compare offers from many installers, auditors, service providers and more.
- Explore new eco-chic appliances, a green dry cleaners, a re-store and much more.
- Presentations include local school gardening and science projects, the Future of Transportation, MCIA about recycling in Mercer County, Mercer County Master Gardeners, Terracycle, Mrs Gs Appliances cooking demonstration.
- Learn about the new businesses moving into the area: Capital Health System, Frontier Airlines, Philly Ebikes…