The Ewing Green Team envisions a Ewing Township that incorporates sustainability into the actions and decision-making processes of community members and municipal offices. Ewing will be a community that leads in efforts to:
- create and maintain sustainable ways of living;
- build strong and diverse economic opportunities; and
- cultivate a community that welcomes people from all walks of life.
To achieve our vision, the Ewing Green Team will:
- Respectfully engage with and respond to the needs of community members to raise awareness of the many issues related to sustainability.
- Lead, educate, and empower the community to create together paths to a sustainable future.
- Improve the quality of life in Ewing and our surrounding communities for this and future generations through education, cooperation, and action.
The Ewing Green Team is part of the statewide Sustainable Jersey effort (www.sustainablejersey.com). Officially launched in 2009, the Sustainable Jersey program identifies actions that municipalities can implement to go green and then certifies municipalities that have reached recommended milestones.
Sustainable Actions for Municipalities
A sampling of the areas of action includes:
- promoting energy efficiency;
- support for local food production, farmland preservation, and buy local programs;
- establishment of green fleets of municipal vehicles and green purchasing programs;
- environmental community education and outreach; and
- improved waste reduction and recycling programs.
Of the 565 municipalities in New Jersey, 448 are already registered and 109 are certified to date. The Ewing Green Team is currently working towards its third certification.
Ewing Green Team Initiatives
The team is currently working on a number of projects:
- Recycling Issues
- Energy efficiency for local businesses
- Green Business Recognition Program
- Welcome Booklet
- Gardening for Wildlife
- Beautify Ewing Campaign (garden tour)
- Bike Advocacy
The Ewing Green Team meets (usually) the 4th Wednesday of each month from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Please check our Calendar (above right column) or the Township calendar for details.
Ewing Senior and Community Center
999 Lower Ferry Road
Ewing, New Jersey 08638
For more information:
Call: Joanne Mullowney at 609-883-0862