All-Around Town Scarecrow Scavenger Hunt Rules
The 2019 Scarecrow Scavenger Hunt consists of 34 scarecrows displayed at businesses, organizations and public locations around Ewing Township. Each scarecrow has a name and an important secret word associated with it. Some of the scarecrows are hidden and some are more out in the open. Fun and challenging clues will be available to help you in the hunt for each scarecrow.
- The Scavenger Hunt is to take place between September 28th and October 23rd.
- To be eligible to be included in the drawing for the $200 grand prize, you must find the scarecrows and their secret words (see Rule #3) and complete your ballot by the end of the day, October 23rd. You may submit your ballot online at scarecrow-ballot or drop off your paper ballot at our Ballot boxes at the Ewing Senior and Community Center and Hollowbrook Community Center. No entries, whether in paper or electronic format, received after Oct 23rd will be accepted.
- All participants who find 30 or more scarecrows will earn three entries into our drawing. Participants who find between 23 and 29 scarecrows will earn two entries into the drawing. Participants who find between 17 and 22 scarecrows will earn one entry in our drawing. Anyone finding ALL 34 of the Scarecrows will receive an additional bonus of 2 entries into the drawing.
- To add to the fun, please vote for your favorite scarecrow when you fill out your ballot. A People’s Choice award will be given to the Township favorite.
- Participation is open to Ewing individuals, families, groups and workers only. Members of the planning committee and their immediate households are ineligible.
- Only one entry per Ewing address is allowed. If you are entering as a group, only one entry per Ewing group is allowed.
- If there are two forms with the same name and same address, both will be removed. The ballot must be completed in its entirety, including the full first name and last name along with a valid address and phone number.
- There are no age limits or age restrictions – all ages are welcome.
- Play Fair – Have fun and try to win. But don’t let your competitive instincts drive you to ruin other peoples’ chances to win. If you do, your team will be disqualified. That means no sabotaging, lying, cheating, stealing, or copying other people’s work. Cards containing the “secret word” are not to be taken from their location!
- Appeals – There is no appeals process in this scavenger hunt.
- Scavenger Hunt Photo – We are asking for an “on the hunt” photo for each individual or team submission which should include all team members emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any photos taken during the Hunt may be used for promotional material in the future.
- The drawing for the grand prize will be on Saturday, Oct 26th at 4 pm (appr.) following Ewing’s Trunk or Treat event at the Ewing Senior and Community Center, 999 Lower Ferry Rd. You do not need to be present to win, but a valid phone number is required in order for us to contact you if you do not plan to attend the event.
Best of luck and have fun!