Summer vacations are receding in the rearview mirror, the kids are back in school, and Fall is within 2 weeks. What better time to revive yourself by registering for Ewing’s bike tour taking place Saturday morn Sept. 24th? The team has just ordered the tee-shirts, and soon you will see some signage at entrances to our parks.
By going to ewinggreenteam.org/ewingfallspin you can learn all about our plans for this year’s ride. In addition to the classical printable registration form, the Ewing Recreation Department has introduced a PayPal-like system allowing online registration for an additional $3 fee. Also, check out our route map for ride specifics along with the cue sheet with turn by turn directions that will be handed out to the cyclists.
Meet at John S. Watson Park and enjoy a leisurely tour of the township. The ride will occur in two consecutive stages. The first highlights our eastern section. The second for more ambitious riders continues on and highlights our western section. The cost is $15 for registrations prior to September 17th and $20 after to cover the cost of tee-shirts. Registrations online [honored up until 2 pm on Friday the 23rd] also incur a $3 fee. Tee-shirts are on order for the first 80 registrants. So join our 2nd Annual Ewing Fall Spin, as we promote healthy lifestyles, raise awareness of bicycle safety and promote a more bikeable Ewing.
Date: September 24th (Rain or shine).
Meet Up: 8 a.m. at John S. Watson Park (formerly Rambling Creek Park) off Upper Ferry Road
Parking: Behind Fisher Middle School. Use the foot-bridge to walk your bike over to Watson Park
- Stage 1( shorter) – 9:00 AM [10 miles]
- Stage 2 (longer)- on completion of Stage 1 [14 additional miles]
- Total Ride miles – 24 miles
Police Escort: The Ewing police will once again escort us through intersections.
SAG Support: Knapps’ Cyclery
Create a User account (a one-time requirement for all Ewing programs) and fill out all required information including. An additional $3 fee covers processing costs. Do not use this system if you are being comped for the ride.
- In Person:
Register and pay at the ESCC Recreation Department Office, 999 Lower Ferry Road.
- Phone in registration by Credit Card
Call 609-883-1776 Ext. 2
- By mail
Fill out the registration form and mail it along with your check made out to the Ewing Twp. Recreation Department to:
Ewing Recreation Department
Ewing Senior and Community Center
999 Lower Ferry Road
Ewing, NJ 08628
Registration and payment must be received by Saturday, September 17 for the $15 rate.
Both stages are totally within Ewing and include:
- John S. Watson Park – Start & end. Newly enlarged and being upgraded
- Drake Farm Park – Stage 1 rest stop features the Temple-Ryan House, home of the Ewing Township Historic Preservation Society
- Armstrong Park and the Ewing Community Gardens at Sherbrook Park – ride-bys
- Johnson Trolley Rail to Trail, historic bed of the high speed trolley run by Trenton-Princeton Traction Company 1901-1940. Upgraded by Ewing staff with bridge repainted by the Ewing Environmental Commission.
- Banchoff Park – Stage 2 rest stop includes picnic grove, walking paths, tennis.
New Jersey Maufacturers Insurance Group
Greene 750 @ Bear Tavern
Money Management Associates
Horizon Audiology, Inc
Philly Pretzel Factory (Ewing)