The Ewing Green Team, in conjunction with the Ewing Municipal Government, honored the first six members of the newly-established Ewing Green Business Recognition Program at the September 13th Council meeting. These businesses, representatives of whom were presented with a proclamation and an “Official Ewing Green Business” display decal, are: Money Management Associates, Red Star Pizza, Robbins Pharmacy, Paul’s Liquor, Ewing Independent Living and the local Elk’s Lodge #105.
These businesses have demonstrated an admirable commitment to sustainability,” Councilwoman Sarah Steward said, “and the Mayor and Council, along with the Green Team, are proud to recognize them as environmental leaders and the first official Ewing Green Businesses.”
“With the new Ewing Green Business Recognition Program we hope to promote the outstanding work our local businesses are already doing to keep our town environmentally-friendly, as well as encourage those who have not yet embraced sustainability to recognize the cost-savings and positive recognition that result from taking an active role in the future of Ewing,” said Program Coordinator Evan Crumiller.
Each member of the first Green Business class has adapted sustainability guidelines to the unique circumstances of their business.
- The Elks undertook a top-to-bottom retrofitting of their lodge and maintained undeveloped open space.
- Ewing Independent Living incorporated all manner of state-of-the-art sustainable technology, such as solar panels and rain gardens, when building their new facility.
- Money Management Associates encourages its customers to think sustainably by offering its clients a Business Shred Day, where all manner of private and confidential documents were collected to be safely shredded and recycled.
- Paul’s Liquor takes clear pride in implementing green business practices in a locally-owned, family-operated business environment.
- Red Star Pizza has long recognized that environmentalism and the food-service industry go hand-in-hand, and their special practices include a strong recycling ethos, a switch to LED lighting and more.
- Robbins Pharmacy displayed its commitment to the environment during its building renovations by installing 220 solar panels on the roof to help power the building.
The Green Team is already looking for members of the second class of the Ewing Green Business Recognition Program, and interested businesses are welcome to reach out to Program Coordinator Evan Crumiller at (609) 468-0462 or email@example.com